Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Art show insider

Art show at the village of the arts in historical Bradenton Florida .             
This past Saturday I had the opportunity to do an art walk in the village of the arts. The show was put on by Realize Bradenton and it is a extension of their  farmers market and it's called Mainly Art .

This was my first time in the village and I was so very impressed with this area. It is a must see if you ever find yourself in Bradenton.  The day started with setup and the loading and staging of my booth.
My booth went up with no problems Realize Bradenton is a class act organization that always has all there ducks in a row when it comes to set up and logistics  .

Then, the show starts with a great flow of people and as always i'm doing a live painting. Due to all the conversations it was hard to keep my acrylics wet .(no complaints)  That's a great problem to have . I often wonder why i'm the only artist doing the live painting. It seems to help so much  with bringing attention to your booth! So, as i'm working away one of Realize Bradenton's associate's  Peg Haynes come up to me and asks me to be the featured artist in their next show. What a great opportunity for me to get my name out there ! You always want to do anything to get your name out there and get noticed . I  said yes  of course .

The day went on  with a great flow of traffic and I met a lot of great people. I also made some good sales which is the best thing of all !  I wish they would have more  shows in the village of the arts . Great people, great galleries and amazing artisans and craftsman.
My tips for doing a good showing are to be as personable as can (be yourself your nerves will subside), talk to people and smile to make them feel comfortable at your booth .
Ok here are a couple of mistakes I have made. When I first started I bought a light tan tent because it was $50.00  cheaper.  This was a big mistake because some shows only allow white tents . At first I thought it was to keep everything clean or to make sure no one will stand  out, but  it helps you out. The white tent makes  your booth glow with light like they do in a photo shoot. Next thing, try to make your art or crafts  show in three or more levels. Place some items low, some at eye level and some a bit higher to create a three dimensional look. There is a bit of a learning curve in doing a show, but I hope this helps.

  If you have any questions feel free to contact me on Facebook  www.facebook.com/Bsartworks      Check out my next posting all about my first radio interview . 

No comments:

Post a Comment